- About Us
- Our Programs
- Farmland Wildlife
- History of Farming in Delta
- How You Can Help
DF&WT Intern Featured in HCTF Video!
In the summer of 2015, DF&WT was pleased to partner with City of Surrey to offer an internship to a student from the BCIT Ecological Restoration (ER) Program. Art Kujawiak conducted songbird surveys within agricultural hedgerows and natural areas within the Municipality of Delta and City of Surrey for 12 weeks over the summer months. This internship was made possible by both BCIT and Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation (HCTF). Check out the HCTF blog for an inside look at Art and other interns experiences working in the field of conservation:
Thank-you HCTF for including the Trust in this video project!
BCIT Student Intern Arthur Kujawiak
News & Events
DAY AT THE FARM 2017!
Join us for the 12th Annual popular community event!Read More..
DF&WT Intern Featured in HCTF Video!Read More..
What are the benefits of Cover Cropping?
NEW! DF&WT-UBC Soil Productivity ProjectRead More..
MSc. Student Dru Yates competes in UBC 3 Minute Thesis CompetitionRead More..
- Get To Know SOME OF OUR WILDLIFE:
- Northern Shrike Known as the "Butcher Bird," the Shrike impales prey on thorns to attract mates and mark its territory.
- Lesser Snow Goose Snow Geese congregate on farm fields by the tens of thousands searching for potatoes, grain, and grass.
- Bumblebee These insects benefit farmers by pollinating crops. They find refuges in Grassland Set-asides and Hedgerows.